Team reports

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 8 08:13:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

On 07.12.2015 19:37, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
> I do, but I think part of the reason I try to stay on top of them is
> because I curate them, and even then I don't get around to it every
> month in a timely manner. It's a tedious process that is essentially a
> summary of already existing data (meetings, announcements, successes),
> which I believe is useful as a report but I get no feedback as to
> who/if anyone reads it. The exception may be the LoCos, since tracking
> and reporting on their work is often an important part of what they
> do. Even then, very few do reports (I'm even behind on the ones for
> California).
>
>>  - Could you imagine writing them for your team?
>>  - How do you think we could make them more useful?
>>
>> One idea I already had was to add them to UWN, so more people find out
>> about them. How else can we spread the news about them?
>
> As I mentioned, the report IS included in UWN once per month (usually
> around the early-middle of the month)[0], unless it's pretty empty
> (has happened a couple times this year). The one for November is going
> out in the newsletter today, but I would love to see it more
> populated...

Thanks a lot for your work on this and sorry for suggesting doing
something you're already doing. /o\

How do you all generally feel? Are reporting duties just generally
annoying and stuff you tend to forget or is the process too complicated?
What else could we improve to get more reports of team collected? Does
it just need a regular reminder? What else could we do?

Have a great day,
 Daniel