[GCI] Application for Mentorship

Vatika Harlalka vatikaharlalka at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 05:31:55 UTC 2015

I would like to apply for membership for Google Code-In, 2015 for
Ubuntu. I have been involved in Open Source through my selection in
Outreachy (Summer, 2015) in the Linux Kernel and have thoroughly
enjoyed interacting with the community and contributing to it. I have
been using Ubuntu myself for over 2 years now, since I was introduced
to Linux in college.

As the Admin of  OSDG (Open Source Developers' Group) of my university
I have been been involved in organizing and conducting workshops where
a head start to git/version control is given with the aim to promote
FOSS. I have also organized a college hackathon with the purpose of
making open-sourced college portals. It would give me great pride to
mentor and guide budding developers, and inspire the student community
to learn about how to contribute and it would be an invaluable
learning experience for me as well.
PFA my resume.

Thank you!
Vatika Harlalka