Community involvement - brainstorming

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 21 14:52:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

in the Community Council meeting yesterday I took an action to start a
discussion about how we can get more people involved in the docs team.

I was thinking we could maybe kick start out with all brainstorming a
bit. At some stage it might make sense to have an IRC meeting or a
hangout together and figure out what's feasible and who could imagine
helping with what.

In general people are required in many roles in the team:

 - bug wranglers
 - bug fixers
 - people who organise (and/or write) content
 - people who format content
 - people who test/review the docs

One thing I'd like to suggest is to have one or multiple "docs hours" a
week. It's easy to do, it can be motivating as you are more likely to
have team members working alongside yourself at the same time
(collaboration), and it's a good time to invite new contributors as
there will be activity and they can be mentored. Timezones can be an
issue, maybe we can pick two hours on the preferred day?

We could also invite some docs folks to the Ubuntu Community Q&A to give
the team some exposure?

Do we have a list of tasks for the rest of the cycle?

Are there any more ideas for the docs team?

Have a great day,
 Daniel