Ubuntu Job Fair

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 19 13:06:59 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 19.09.2014 14:51, José Antonio Rey wrote:
> Isn't that what we already do with the Open Week?

Ok... so somebody mentioned UOS, you mention Open Week. Sure, we can
make it part of all these events. In my original mail I didn't mean to
say that we replace another event or anything of that sort.

In the last time I've heard a couple of teams say "if only we had more
people helping out...", which is why I felt an event where we not only
do a presentation saying "here's what our team does", we actively make
the event all about learning the ropes, trying things out, getting to
know the team, etc.

In my mind there's a difference between giving a presentation about your
team, where you explain 1) where the team came from historically, 2)
what you've achieved in the past, 3) what the current roadmap is, 4)
some fun stories and as point n+1) you say "oh and we we accept new
folks as well".

This is not to say that you or others gave presentations of the sort
(which absolutely make sense), but I did. :-)

So yeah, rolling this kind of event into another one makes absolute
sense to me. Maybe we can call it the Ubuntu Community Opportunities Day
or some such and make it part of UOS, UOW or any other event.

What do you think?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--