Ubuntu Job Fair

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 19 00:44:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> as a side-thread in the Community Council meeting we just had a brief
> conversation and came up with the idea to have an Ubuntu "Job Fair"
> (working title).

I don't want to dwell on naming too much, but there is already a
mailing list that is actually for paid employment related to Ubuntu
called "Ubuntu Jobs":

It's not used much, but "Jobs" tends to imply employment and being
paid (at least in the US), so I'd rather find a name for this that has
less of that connotation so people aren't misled.

Maybe something like Ubuntu Tasks? Ubuntu Contribution Opportunities?

Aside from that, this sounds good. Much like some of the sessions that
the Ubuntu Open Week used to have but more targeted.

http://www.princessleia.com