Ubuntu Job Fair

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 18 17:40:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Who could imagine making use of this as a team?

We used to have this idea of "Ubuntu Wanted" that was basically a `job
board` with two sections. "Looking to Volunteer", and "Needs
Volunteers". Then people and projects would have cards:

    Name: James Hetfield
    Skills: Python, QML, Django
    Interests: Desktop, plumbing, web work

And various projects could post:

   Name: Ubuntu Desktop
   Skills Needed: QML, Python
   Task: We need a clock widget to do foo.

Then you match people to cards. The skills are just freeform tags so
if you're a Python person and want to just search those you click on
that. At the time we wanted to write an entire app, etc, but these
days there's other OSS projects out there:

http://www.jobberbase.com/
http://www.joobsbox.com/

--
Jorge Castro