[IDEA]Using Job Titles for Volunteers in Teams

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 17 09:38:38 UTC 2014

Hello Svetlana,

I know that some of the flavours have worked with "roles" in their
teams. Maybe anyone involved with the teams there can comment?

Looking back at what teams have done in our community up until now,
there's were teams like the "Ubuntu Release team" or the "Ubuntu Archive
admins" and specific roles tied to that. Members of those teams
sometimes responded to specific requests with specific hats on.

So looking at the original question, sure, I think that makes sense.

It can help a team or sub-team focus if they have a specific mission
statement or role definition. One thing I would probably try to make
clear is that it's fine to take on other roles, so people don't feel
limited to doing just one thing.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

Get involved in Ubuntu development! http://packaging.ubuntu.com