Design best practices for Ubuntu LoCo Portals

Pietro Albini pietro at pietroalbini.io
Fri Nov 28 14:10:11 UTC 2014

> Hi Everyone
Hi! I'm Pietro, from the Italian LoCo.

> I think that lot's of LoCo team did the same by the time. So to avoid to reinvent the wheel, and avoid issue, I'm wondering, if through the LoCo Coucils or Community team, we could do a survey about the tools used, the templates, or anything else.
As the Italian LoCo's web team, we use Drupal for our website, and we're rebuilding all the website from scratch with the new style. We've almost finished a theme based on the Canonical's web style guide [1], and we're going to publicize it on this list when it will be done.
If you want to see the progresses we've a test server [2].
For our other portals (forum, q&a, wiki, chat, search and planets) we will simply update existing themes with the website's theme.

If you need more info please ask :-)

Pietro.

[1] http://design.ubuntu.com/web-style-guide
[2] http://wwwtest.ubuntu-it.org/