Restructuring Ubuntu community website

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 24 10:56:19 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 24.11.2014 09:59, Vincent JOBARD wrote:
> Thx for your effort and the work you've done.
> I'm sorry if my comment will be a little bit negative, I don't want to
> be rude, just sharing what I think about it
>
> I don't think so that having a side menu looking like Unity launcher
> panel is a good idea. I think it's better to choice a flat scrolling
> content page with sub sections as the Canonical's webpage (look at
> it http://www.canonical.com/about). Think about that Ubuntu Community
> website  have to be responsive. I don't think so that your design will
> be great on a phone or a tablet
>
> You also could find all the web guideline here
> : http://design.ubuntu.com/web that will help you to design your website
>
> I love the concept of the video. Maybe it could be great if the videos
> could be made by the same perso who did the Juju or the MaaS video
> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1XH0SQARgo) to keep the unity between
> the Ubuntu's websites

thanks a lot Asheem for your work on this! I particularly like that you
came up with a proposal to give everyone some ideas already.

I agree with Vincent that we should try to keep the general Ubuntu
style, but I love the video. A video will reach a lot more people than a
big wall of text.

Do we have people who would like to work on a video together? We would
need to figure out:

 - the message and the story we want to tell
 - a storyboard (or plot)
 - the music / artistic aspects
 - producing the video

Do we have some experts here or folks who would like to become experts? :-)

Have a great day,
 Daniel