Developments on the Ubuntu governance

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 23 03:44:59 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Svetlana Belkin <belkinsa at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 11/22/2014 02:54 PM, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
>>
>> So what I'm reading here is that we need more *community builder* type
>> people in our communities, where we've typically just been seeking out
>> talent to do the actual work (ie doc writers). That makes sense.
>> Perhaps what I need to do is instead of being discouraged by our lack
>> of contributors to help us recruit and retain talent, I should draw up
>> some ideas so that when that person does appear who can help us they
>> have guidelines in place for how to do that. This is a relatively
>> small investment of time so I think it's doable.
>

> You think we could start some outreach program for this along with training
> for leadership for is community builders?

I think this can be facilitated, but on my end it'll be a project by
project kind of deal. Some teams already do quite well, Xubuntu
springs to mind, we have all kinds of contributors and share
administrative burden. I think this is valuable with teams like
Documentation where we are a bit lean on community types to do this
kind of stuff (though I will mention now, your work in this role to
make sure we have meetings and bring people together has been
wonderful! I'm very glad you're sticking around, we need more of you
:)).

http://www.princessleia.com