Developments on Ubuntu Governance

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 22 15:17:03 UTC 2014

On 22/11/14 13:59, Aveem Ashfaq wrote:
> Dear people of the community,
>
> Firstly, a question. Are these mails archived manually because I was
> trying to find the thread for the conversation at the time of writing
> and I did not find Elizabeth's mail in the archive. The mail I did not
> find at the time of writing is below.

No - should be automatic.

> [snip]
>
> That is bang on. I guess this discussion has been completed a few days
> ago. I thought that there was a fair bit of conversation and we moved
> on because people did not like the direction or were not convinced.
> There is a big misinterpretation going on by me and the new people
> entering the mailing list (i guess i am the only newbie at the
> moment). There should be a mechanism to set expiry to the conversation
> so that people who propose do not just assume that people walked away
> and move on. Or, use google plus because this is just confusing.

This conversation(s) has certainly got me confused - there are 10
seperate threads on the same subject going on.

I for one have no interest in trying to follow the discussion on google
plus.

I'm not sure what you mean by expiring threads.

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead