Governance??? A wake up call

Aveem Ashfaq aveemashfaq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:55:35 UTC 2014

Dear Scott and others,

"Speaking as a Kubuntu developer and Kubuntu Council member, I don't see a
need
for this.  There are some points of friction, but they are primarily
technical
over Qt5 maintenance details and how the future transition to Mir/Wayland
will
be handled."

As a reply to that, I have not been in the community long enough to know
the exact topics of issues and what are the solutions. I was just
suggesting things to the best of my knowledge. The only issue that I have
found leaking out was KDE dumping Mir for Wayland which was a while back
(long time ago). Apart from that and discomfort over the general heading of
Unity, I found nothing coming into discussion on g+.

*BTW, My original mail on "Governance??? A wake up call" was not aimed at
Jono Bacon or anyone*. I am sure Jono did a lot of good service to Ubuntu.
I am just suggesting the way ahead.

--
Aveem Ashfaq
B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering,