Suggestions for Ubuntu Governance: Reboot?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Nov 16 05:35:09 UTC 2014

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 10:54:14 AM Aveem Ashfaq wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> You have been into Ubuntu for so long that you start assuming that people
> know all of these but are not interested. Here is an outsider view so that
> you realize how wrong you are.
>
> http://aveemashfaq.blogspot.in/2014/11/bridging-gaps-in-ubuntu-user-base.htm
>
> I will be making a Launchpad project about this shortly, but until then,
> this is what I propose.

I think this is great and you should do it.  Don't wait for any governance
board to tell you anything.  You'll probably find more people who want to help
you if you start.

Also, I don't think developers are going to be angry that people are new.  As
long as the endeavor to learn and are reasonably self-motivated, people are
glad to help out.  We were all new once.

Scott K