ISO generator for LoCo teams

Stephen Michael Kellat skellat at sdf.org
Sat Nov 8 19:46:29 UTC 2014

I am looping LoCo contacts and the Council in on my reply.  The package used for this is ubuntu-defaults-builder which is maintained by coredevs.  If memory serves from the Utopic cycle, the Plasma 5 tech preview the Kubuntu folks were generating required special attention to have a UEFI-ready image available.  A member of Release Team was involved and at the time it was Colin Watson though he has different job functions now.

Harald Sitter and Sebastien Bacher show up as the two most recent changelog committers.  Inviting them plus somebody from Ubuntu Foundations for an Ubuntu Online Summit session would be beneficial.  A member of LoCo Council, depending upon availability, could act as session convenor.

ubuntu-defaults-builder serves as a nice wrapper to the underlying live-build system we inherit from Debian.  It isn't as graphical as SUSE Studio but it gets the job done.  Discussing the package's future as part of our localization story is a discussion we seem to need now.

Anybody willing to drive this forward?

Stephen Michael Kellat
Member, LoCo Council
Member, Xubuntu Team