Call for testing: Ubuntu community volunteer board [UPDATE 2]

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 26 15:53:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Ian Weisser <ian-weisser at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed Dec 24 16:49:50 UTC 2014, Svetlana Belkin wrote:
>> The http://kikwak.duckdns.org:8105/index.html doesn't go anywhere.
>
> Thanks for letting me know. ISP issue.
>
> I've put the latest mockup, and the previous two iterations, onto one of
> my favorite servers at http://ian.korinthianviolins.com
>
> The job-board tool at at the bottom of the page.

Nice work!

I might change the text a bit though, since when I first glanced at it
I didn't quite realize the first thing it gave me was a suggestion
(looking at it again, it seems obvious). So perhaps instead of:

"How would you like to help? What scratches your itch?"

Try something like:

"I'm interested in..."

I think keeping preface of "Browse some of the volunteer roles
available. Explore using the buttons below." explains what's happening
well enough.