Rethinking the Ubuntu Community in Terms of LaunchPad

Stephen Michael Kellat alpacaherder at live.com
Fri Dec 19 01:23:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 01:08:58 +0000
Elfy <ub.untu at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 18/12/14 22:50, Stephen Michael Kellat wrote:
> > Comments interlinear as that seems to be preferred right now.
> >
> > On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:53:39 -0800
> > "Elizabeth K. Joseph" <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> >> At the last physical UDS when feature ideas were proposed, we were
> >> told that Launchpad is "in maintenance mode, no features are being
> >> accepted." Nothing has been heard from the team since.
> >>
> > Have we actually talked to anybody within the past 12 months about
> > this?  With Colin Watson moving over to Launchpad Engineering
> > perhaps there is an opportunity?  Work is being done on Launchpad
> > to support phone so it isn't that new features are being actively
> > blocked since the CI work builds off Launchpad.
> Did you ask?
>
> Perhaps moving to a less busy area suits?  He was after all talking
> about burnout amongst all of that. Would you want to see myriad
> requests for change that don't actually work or mean much in the long
> term given that?
>
> (Not that I would ever put words in someone else's mouth)
[snip]

I have a bit to look at here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bugs?orderby=-id&start=0

And no, I haven't asked Colin yet.  I don't have a concrete proposal for him.  I may end up talking to him about this more concrete blueprint eventually, though: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/development-1411-iso-l10n-uefi

Stephen Michael Kellat