Gamerification in the Community

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Dec 10 04:07:24 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, December 09, 2014 09:16:39 Jono Bacon wrote:
> On 8 December 2014 at 23:49, Elfy <ub.untu at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > On 09/12/14 07:44, Jono Bacon wrote:
> >> On 8 December 2014 at 23:18, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com>
> >> wrote:
> >> [snip]

> >> Erm, how is someone an Ubuntu contributor if they don't even use Ubuntu?
> >
> > I don't use Ubuntu.
>
> Why?
>
> ...and more importantly, why do you contribute to a community for
> something you don't use?

It's possible that we're just caught between different definitions of the word
Ubuntu [it would be nice if there was some standard project vocabulary for
disambiguation].

I've never run Ubuntu [the desktop], so despite using Ubuntu [the Linux
distribution] since 2006 and contributing to the community almost as long, by
at least by one definition of Ubuntu, I've never used Ubuntu.

Scott K