Lack of Connection Between Canonical and the Community

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 9 13:44:10 UTC 2014

On Mon Dec 08 2014 at 10:46:07 PM Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>
wrote:

> If Canonical marketing understood the project at all, I would have imagined
> this would have resulted in a quick "Oops, sorry, fixed."  It didn't.  It
> did
> finally get sorted out, but the experience didn't make me feel at all like
> Canonical (outside the distro team, which I know gets it) understands the
> project or the broader community.

This didn't happen to you because you're not a Canonical employee, this
happened to you because you're an engineer and they typically are not.

If it makes you feel better, this has happened to me quite often on
insights.u.c and educating people on how the project works is always a
continuing effort.