LaunchPad Team for the Community Team?

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 9 03:31:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Ali/amjjawad <amjjawad at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:33 PM, José Antonio Rey <jose at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> I believe individuals should be set to resolve specific items on
>> blueprints, not a team containing as many people as it can (since the
>> number of people on this list will be constantly growing).
>

> I tend to agree here. It might be out of hands if we go that route.
>

>> If there was
>> a must-have reason to create the team, I'd be totally for it. But at the
>> moment I can't find one.
>

> Again, I think that is not needed at the moment. These threads are doing the
> job IMHO.
>
> By the way, I tried to add the missing information as a follow up with the
> original email :)
> The original email suggested to use Launchpad but didn't add the fact that
> we need that for the sake of blueprints.
>
> IMHO, I think it is okay if not enough to carry on with these emails.
>
> The problem is not where we post our thoughts, the real problem is how to
> get that done :)
> We need to do, not to write, talk, etc.

I'm finding these discussions and viewpoints very valuable, so as long
as folks have constructive feedback to give and ideas to throw out,
I'm happy to listen.

As far as action items, we're still gathering thoughts, problem
statements and ideas from these threads in the etherpad referenced in
this email: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-community-team/2014-December/000213.html

So please add to that if you feel something was addressed in these
threads that hasn't made it there yet.

>From there we'll distill the key ideas and write blueprints for
projects people feel are valuable and they can commit time to and we
can get to the doing :)