Ubuntu Job Fair

Ian Weisser ian-weisser at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 8 14:49:41 UTC 2014

Here's where we seem to have left off on the Ubuntu Volunteer Job Fair
concept:

- One track of some kind of presentations at UOS, Open Week, and other
events.
- Another track of an online presence, perhaps based on AskNot [1] or
jobberbase or joobsbox [2] (thanks bkerensa and jorge)
- A volunteer coordinator [3] (thanks SilverLion)
- A team guinea pig [4] (thanks Nicholas Skaggs)

Still under discussion:

- A better name, or a name that doesn't conflict with paid-job fairs [5]
(thanks lyz, Elfy, belkinsa)

- What a good recruiting presentation looks like [6] (thanks Daniel
Holbach)

I think we need a few interested people to:

- Sketch out a rough assessment of the three proposed online tools
(AskNot, jobsbase, joobsbox). Which are compatible with
community.ubuntu.com? Which will require the least
maintenance/data-update work?

- Start the Wiki page for this project:
	How to get your team into the online tool
	How to do a great recruiting presentation
	How to get your recruiting presentation into Ubuntu events
	How to retain new volunteers
	Help and contacts

SilverLion, I'll commit to 12 months with you on this, to see if we can
get it to fly and make it sustainable. My time available is somewhat
limited; a few more hands would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Ian

[1]https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-community-team/2014-November/000129.html
[2]https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-community-team/2014-September/000025.html