Lack of Planning not Governance is the Problem

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 00:13:02 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 4:50 AM, Svetlana Belkin <belkinsa at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 12/05/2014 09:39 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>>
>> In the case of Kubuntu, we all do that. Using the Trello cards,
>> especially towards the end of the cycle, some cards are clearly not
>> going to be done, or only partly done. At that point they are either
>> split or moved to "Postponed" - or dropped altogether.
>

> Do you guys find that Trello works better than using the LaunchPad
> blueprints?

Yes. Even when we used the blueprints, they were always a "form to
fill out before UDS" rather than something useful to us. Now that
there is no UDS, they are of no use.

Trello isn't open source, and perhaps at some point we'll move to
Kanboard, which is. Meanwhile, it is actually useful, since the tasks
can each be commented on while they are in work, and can be "pulled
from storage" if necessary.

Valorie

PS: I was introduced to Trello in the Ubuntu Leadership team, so
thanks to the Ubuntu community for that. :-)

Valorie
--
http://about.me/valoriez