[U-co] Fwd: Final Freeze for Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy) at 2100UTC today

Jhosman Lizarazo yo en jhosman.com
Jue Oct 10 17:15:19 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Conrad <adconrad en ubuntu.com>
Date: 2013/10/10
Subject: Final Freeze for Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy) at 2100UTC today
To: ubuntu-devel-announce en lists.ubuntu.com
Cc: ubuntu-release en lists.ubuntu.com

[ This is a shameless copy-and-paste from last year ]

For the timezone challenged, as of 2100UTC today, the archive is
officially fozen in preparation of release candidates and the
final release of Saucy Salamander in a week.  This is three
hours from the time I hit send on this email.

Uploads from here on in should fall into the following 4 bins:

1) Installer/release-critical bugs that absolutely MUST get fixed
   lest we risk shipping a broken image that turns computers pink
   or sets them on fire:  Please contact the release team about
   these bugs and upload (well-tested) solutions ASAP.

   Last minute hardware enablement fixes, and pretty much anything
   installer related that is auditable and testable also falls in
   to this category, as our best installer testing comes in the
   next few days, historically.

   Some people may have noticed that we're also in the process of
   spinning up a new port right now (our timing is impeccable, is
   it not?), so uploads with clear and targetted FTBFS fixes for
   arm64 will continue to be accepted for seeded packages until
   Sunday night, and for unseeded pretty much right up to release.

2) Non-release-critical-but-nice-to-have bugfixes:  These are
   fixes that you would absolutely feel comfortably about doing
   as an SRU but not necessarily destabilising the release process
   for.  Again, contact the release team, and we may slip some of
   these in, while asking you to defer the rest to SRUs.

3) Feature additions, massive code refactoring, user interface
   changes, non-typo string changes:  Just don't upload these, or
   ask about them.  The time for them came and went long ago.

4) Updates to non-seeded packages:  Technically, unseeded packages
   don't freeze until pretty much right before release.  While this
   is true, we may still try to talk you out of pushing some huge
   new upstream version of something, or start a library transition
   at the zero hour.  We're only a week away from opening the next
   release, a bit of patience (or prepping in a PPA, etc) might be
   a decent plan.

Here's hoping everyone gets on board with testing images, helping
to fix absolutely critical bugs, donating spare creative cycles to
the release notes, and any other way we can all contribute to yet
another great Ubuntu release.

... Adam

Jhosman Alfonso Lizarazo
Cel: 3108864922