[U-co] [Fwd: Launchpad 1.1.8 released!]
magicfab en ubuntu.com
Jue Ago 23 15:00:35 UTC 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A continuación les comparto el anuncio de la nueva versión de
Launchpad lanzada hoy.
Ubuntu Colombian Team - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColombianTeam
Montréal, QC, Canada
- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Launchpad 1.1.8 released!
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:17:46 +0100
From: Matthew Revell <matthew.revell en canonical.com>
Reply-To: ubuntu-devel-discuss en lists.ubuntu.com
To: ubuntu-devel-announce en lists.ubuntu.com
Welcome to Launchpad 1.1.8! This release sees a great deal of activity
in the Bug Tracker, an important new feature in Code, an exciting
development in the Personal Package Archive beta and improvements
right across every other part of Launchpad.
* The Personal Package Archive beta is now ready to start running in
Launchpad's production environment (launchpad.net) and will be
available to Launchpad beta testers a day or two after 1.1.8's
* Branch owners can now specify which branch, if any, they intend to
merge their code into. This will make it easier for other
Launchpad users to understand the original branch owner's
intentions for their code.
* People, projects and distribution series (e.g. Ubuntu Feisty)
have pages showing their own translation import queues.
* Branches with no subscribers, links or mirrors can be deleted.
* Emails from the Bug Tracker now state the bug's milestone in the
* Setting a bug's tag is now possible using the email interface.
* The bug view page is easier to use following several interface
There's a whole load more, too! Read on to see the details of what's
new in Launchpad 1.1.8.
* Users can now deactivate their accounts without first contacting a
Launchpad administrator. (Bug 2773)
* Project administrators can now specify which Launchpad applications
their project uses on the 'Change details' page, rather than on a
separate page. (Bug 32104)
* The boxes (also called portlets) on the left of the page now remain
either expanded or collapsed when the page is revisited. Boxes can
also now be expanded or collapsed using a keyboard command.
(Bugs 83615 and 120309)
* When merging an account, Launchpad now displays the "Merge
accounts" header once, instead of twice. (Bug 42788)
Distribution management (Soyuz)
* The Personal Package Archive beta has moved from dogfood into
* Launchpad can now manage Canonical's commercial Ubuntu packages
repository, meaning that users will in future be able to file bugs
against packages in the commercial repository. The commercial
repository will be managed using Launchpad starting with Ubuntu's
Gutsy release. Within time, Dapper, Edgy and Feisty's commercial
packages will also be managed in Launchpad.
(Bugs 118958 and 119923)
* Anyone can inspect the upload queue for a distribution series (such
as Ubuntu Feisty), relieving the burden on the archive
administration team. (Bug #122823)
* The Soyuz Queue tool now allows multiple IDs/package names to be
specified on the command line. (Bug 48070)
* The performance of process-death-row has been improved.
* Uploading to the PROPOSED pocket no longer closes related bugs.
Code Branch Management (Code Hosting)
* Branches can now have an intended merger target branch, by
selecting the 'Register merge proposal' menu item for branches.
* It is now possible to upgrade the repository format of a branch
hosted on Launchpad, using "bzr upgrade". (Bug 118653)
* Projects that use Bazaar to manage their main development branch
are now shown in green on the project cloud page. (Bug 102956)
* Launchpad no longer fails to send branch notification emails where
the branch name, title or URL contain Unicode characters.
* Branch summaries and whiteboards on the branch details page now
preserve the line breaks of the text entered. (Bug 126761)
* Emails notifications for branches created by pushing
to Launchpad no longer have "(no title)" in the subject.
* An OOPS is no longer generated when subscribing or unsubscribing
to a branch from a stale page. Similarly, subscribing to a branch
twice no longer generates an OOPS. (Bugs 128379 and 105159)
* Branches that are not associated with any bugs or blueprints, nor
have any subscribers, nor have any revisions can now be deleted.
* The Launchpad Code homepage now has a preview of the project cloud,
and each of the short listings ("Recently imported", "Recently
registered", "Recently updated") now has a 'more ...' link.
(Bugs 128437 and 128438)
* The bug view page has seen many improvements, including:
- The "Bug details" box in the left-hand column has been removed,
as it only duplicated information available in main part of the
page. Also, the bug status bar is now expandable by clicking
new down-arrow icons in the Status and Importance columns, as
well as at the right-hand side of the table. (Bug 44041)
- When viewing a bug in the context of an unrelated project - e.g.
viewing a Firefox bug in the context of Zope 3 - the page header
now correctly reports that the bug has not been reported in that
project. (Bug 6375)
- The status, assignee, importance and milestone of a duplicate bug
cannot be changed. (Bug 54801)
- The title of the "Search" box in the left-hand menu has been
shorted, so that it no longer overruns the width of the box.
- When adding a comment to a duplicate bug, a message now warns
that comments should only be about whether the bug's duplicate
status is correct. (Bug 90329)
- Searching for the word 'upstream' in a project's bugs will now
return only those bug reports that use that word. Previously they
returned every bug report in the project.
(Partial fix for bug 90534)
- Bug comments now use the phrase "wrote on", instead of "said on".
- The bug details text for security bug reports is now correctly
formatted. (Bug 72939)
- The list of related branches on a bug report now includes the
name of each branch, with links to the branch and its developer.
- The word "upsteam" is no longer appended to the project name in
bugs reported against upsteam projects. (Bug 86714)
* It is now possible to filter email bug notifications by milestone,
as the X-Launchpad-Bug email header now contains a Milestone field.
* Users are now able, using the advanced bug search form, to search
for bugs by commenter as well as by reporter and assignee.
Similarly, users can now view a list of all the bugs on which they
have commented by clicking the 'List commented bugs' link on their
bug summary pages. (Bug 5937)
* Users can now search for bugs by subscriber. (Bug 113451)
* Only the administrators of a team can set that team as the bug
contact of a package. (Bug 109652)
* When setting the URL of an external bug tracker, Launchpad now
checks to ensure that the URL is not already registered as the
address of another external tracker. (Bug 128369)
* Launchpad now correctly interprets the statuses of bugs in external
Trac bug trackers. See https://help.launchpad.net/BugStatuses#trac
* A project group's "Report a Bug" page now links to the external bug
trackers or associated source package for each member project if
they do not use the Launchpad bug tracker. (Bug 120460)
* The bug tracker's email interface has a new command to add a tag to
a bug. (Bug 58388)
* An OOPS no longer occurs when removing the source package field of
a bug already targeted to a distribution. (Bug 127025)
* If a bug is a duplicate of a bug that the current user does not
have permission to view (e.g. it is a private bug), the link to
that bug is no longer shown. The public duplicated is now viewable
by anyone, not just those with access to the private bug.
* The email telling users that they have been subscribed to a bug is
now sent from that bug's own email address - e.g.
1234 en bugs.launchpad.net - rather than appearing to come from the
original reporter of the bug. (Bug 94321)
* Made various improvements to the UI in the guided bug filing
process. (Bug 126924)
* Output from dpkg was incorrectly hidden in bug comments, as
Launchpad interpreted the pipe character "|" as quoted text. This
is now fixed. (Bug 121735)
* The bug subscription notification email is now threaded with other
emails related to that bug and includes rationale for why the
recipient has received it. (Bug 107001)
* When automatically creating a bug watch from a URL in a bug
comment, there is no longer an error when the comment contains
either non-ASCII Unicode characters or more than one URL per line.
(Bugs 129948 and 123074)
* The "Tags" and "Filters" boxes are now displayed on the main bug
search page. (Bug 129963)
* Private bug reports now have a distinctive background and icon, to
act as a reminder not to disclose them. (Bugs 125783 and 125785)
* If an external bug in Debian BTS has the status "wontfix", Launchpad
now correctly shows that as "Won't Fix". (Bug 126523)
* Editing a bug and adding the same tag twice no longer causes an
OOPS. (Bug 98614)
* Bugs marked as duplicate no longer appear in milestone listings
* Bugs explicitly targeted to a development focus series no longer
appear twice in milestone listings (Bug 112280).
* Problems with the font size on bug pages have been fixed.
* Launchpad sends an error notification email when a new bug report,
submitted using the email interface, fails. The notification has
been rewritten to be clearer and more helpful. (Bug 33365)
* Searching in bug comments has been temporarily disabled until the
(non-trivial) performance problems that caused bug searches to time
out have been resolved. (Bug 131299)
* All question statuses now have a distinct color in question
listings. (Bug 73060)
* Improved wording on the Answers page for projects. Now says
"<Project> has unanswered questions...", rather than "unsolved
questions". (Bug 126575)
* People, projects and distribution series now all have an option to
view their associated translations import queue. (Bug 40550)
* Translations can now have an associated context - as introduced
in gettext 0.15 - to explain how the string is used.
* English no longer appears in translation bar graphs, because it is
not a translatable language, nor are phrases in English offered
as suggestions. (Bugs 121579 and 130878)
* Optimised +translate pages to reduce timeouts. (Bug 30602)
* View filters on +translate pages are now also applied when
displaying errors. (Bug 112308)
* The list of translatable versions of a project is now more visible
on the project's Translations page. (Bug 126426)
* Users can now register blueprints from distribution and product
series, with the option of automatically proposing new blueprints
as series goals. Additionally, users can now find the "Register a
blueprint" button on sprint blueprint listings.
(Bugs 116619 and 126518)
* When re-targeting a blueprint to a non-existent project or
distribution, Launchpad displays a helpful error message.
* In the context of a distribution or project series, the "Actions"
menu now has a "List all blueprints" option. (Bug 128121)
* Adding a blueprint as a dependency of itself no longer produces an
OOPS error. (Bug 132925)
* Feedback requests are now clearer on blueprint pages. (Bug 3354)
Matthew Revell - talk to me about Launchpad
Join us in #launchpad on irc.freenode.net
ubuntu-devel-announce mailing list
ubuntu-devel-announce en lists.ubuntu.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: PGP/Mime available upon request
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Más información sobre la lista de distribución Ubuntu-co