[ Ubuntu-cm ] Chronology in the mailing list

Septime Lowe septox at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 09:12:12 BST 2010

Hi Ubuntu-cm,

*Why is the mailinglist not chronological ? : *
*a) *There are some issues with Yahoo mails. People sending or receiving
from Yahoo have some times (not all) delays. We allready say this to the
mailinglist admins. But it seems as Yahoo or some adresses are black-listed.
*b)* People always sends maisl from others accounts and think this will go
trough. Everyone have to subscribe to the list in odrder to use it. Those
mails stay in the moderation queue until a moderator send it out (*Ubuntu-cm
still need moderators*)
*c)* Some people sends mails with big attachment, this have to be also
moderated.

@Bison: thnaks for your interessant remarks about IRC meetings

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:44 PM, joben bison <jobenbissong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Willy,
>
> this is in response to you and Eugene's remarks.
>
> > En effet je n'arrive toujours pas à rentrer dans le fil de vos mails
>
> I am not contradicting your point or say you are not telling the truth.
> But I believe the mailing list is not always chronological and it is
> difficult to follow events or cases therein *for some of us*.
>
> This has been discussed before but we still do not apply these principles
> as supposed to.
> ex: you and Eugene's mails stem from a wrong caption and any new-comer will
> get lost! ;-)
>
> >car la plupart du temps je me rends compte que ce sont des mails bien
> > personnalisés et destinés à des personnes particulières,
>
> I don't think this is bad but I just think if we should send a mail to a
> particular individual in the mailing list, it should stem from its own
> caption not on an already existing captions which has nothing to do with the
> matter being discussed at hand.
>
> Also, I for one is getting left out during IRC meetings.
> Why?
>
>    1. Because I feel much time is spent on topics not in our minutes and
>    everything gets confusing.
>    2. The meetings are too long - thank God there's the logs :))
>    3. Too much shout outs! - We should be serious and get to the crust of
>    things ASAP.
>    4. No chronology (but there have been some improvements per the last
>    meeting I attended) and minutes
>

> The association is still young, many things will get thrashed out with time
> but I do hope and wish that all will get better.
>
> And a plea to all: WE ALL SHOULD ACT AS MODERATORS FOR EACH OTHER. I
> believe it might help for checks-and-balances purposes.
>

> PS: I am no saint myself so feel free to bring me to order.
>

> Much Respect
> Regards
> --
> Joben BISSONG