[ubuntu-cloud] Amazon SSD backed EBS volumes

Ben Howard ben.howard at canonical.com
Tue Jun 17 20:17:28 UTC 2014

No doubt many of you have seen the announcement from AWS in regards to
the new SSD-backed EBS volumes [1]. I am pleased to announce that we
have day one availability of the latest Ubuntu images registered with
SSD backed EBS volumes.

Additionally, we also have made a new type of image available called
"io1". These new images have 500 provisioned IOPS by default.

Even better, both the SSD and io1 images are available for HVM, 32-bit
and 64-bit paravirtual instances.

As of today, all dailies and future releases will be published with all
supported volume types. The latest releases are at [2,3,4] or [5].

Thanks,
Ben

[1] https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-ssd-backed-elastic-block-storage/
[2] http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/trusty/release-20140607.1/