[ubuntu-cloud] Ubuntu and OpenStack ... will CF?

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Wed May 8 06:17:04 UTC 2013

On 7 May 2013 13:21, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:
> Hi jorge
>
> Based on this wiki https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/CloudArchive
>
> Can we call the 13.4 is not good for openstack, because support should be in
> 14.4, cmiiw

Small, correction ubuntu release version follow YY.MM hence it's 13.04
and 14.04, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. Grizzly Openstack
release is part of 13.04 and a backport of Grizzly release is also
provided in the Cloud Archive for the latest LTS release, 12.04 LTS
that is. If one also wants to gain the benefits of the 13.04 kernel,
one can do so with 12.04.3 LTS point release scheduled for release
later this summer. So whilst 12.04 LTS originally released with Essex
Openstack release, one can run Folsom and Grizzly on 12.04 LTS
installations by enabling Cloud Archive. Such installations are fully
supported.

Both 12.04 LTS and 13.04 are excellent platforms to run Grizzly
Openstack release.

When 14.04 LTS will be released it will most likely have the "I---"
Openstack release [1] by default.

[1] I-* release name is to be yet selected see
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming

Regards,

Dmitrijs.