[ubuntu-cloud] Vagrant images and cloud-init

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 25 13:31:41 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013, Bo Shi wrote:

> Hey guys - awesome work on getting regular Vagrant images going!  I was
> unable to find any documentation about whether it is possible to supply
> cloud-init instructions to a Vagrant image.  Put another way, is there a
> Vagrant analog to EC2 user-data and do the Ubuntu Vagrant images support it?

Ben Howard has done some work on this, and I've just copied cloud-init
mailing list on a thread that originated on ec2ubuntu
(https://lists.launchpad.net/cloud-init/msg00006.html).
Because this thread is cloud-init centric, I'd like discussion to happen
there.

https://launchpad.net/~cloud-init

Scott