[ubuntu-cloud] Cloud Image UDS-R Proposal: Automatic Releases

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Wed Oct 3 21:18:24 UTC 2012

Ben:

Regular and well-timed updates with reduced exposure to security issues
sounds great to me.

Email announcements every three weeks would probably be good for a
while, just to get us used to the idea that these updates are indeed
happening.

After a few months, ask the list again if the emails continue to be
valuable or of they are getting annoying.

As far as the level of detail goes, I think it's fantastic, but don't
know how much work goes into collecting the information on what changes
between releases.

Even if I don't study all of the specific updates that go into each
updated AMI, there's a sense of comfort knowing that the changes are
tracked and available.

--
Eric Hammond