[ubuntu-cloud] 13.04 Call for Ubuntu Server/Cloud Topics

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 2 21:11:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz at uci.cu> wrote:
> Regards, Robbie and Dave. It would be nice to see first which are the best
> ideas in the Ubuntu Brainstorm focused on Ubuntu Cloud/Server.
> What do you think?

Ok so I took a quick look at server ideas over the last 6 months:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/server/most_popular_6_months/?keywords=server

The top 3 ideas are home server / NAS configurations, which isn't
really our target market. However, if someone where to work on making
the zentyal process more automagic and build on top of that that would
be quite sweet.

The "remote information" one can be covered by the tools already in
the archive to tell you about the machine (and the motd), one is
feature request for the bind packages, and the last one is to enable
screen by default. The screen request is already covered by byobu and
is trivial for a sysadmin to turn on.