[ubuntu-cloud] Problem creating AMI from Ubuntu base image

Chetan Sarva csarva at evidon.com
Thu Feb 23 00:30:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to create an AMI using a recent Lucid AMI as my base. I've done
this in the past without any problems but suddenly I'm running into the
following when trying to boot my newly created AMI:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2m16AfFs

I can reboot the instance used to create this AMI just fine, so I'm not
sure what's going on here. I saw this post about a similar issue:

http://return1.at/ubuntu-ec2-ami-with-xfs-root-ebs-volume-10-04-lts-lucid-lynx/

However we are not using xfs -- just the default ext3 for root. Our
customizations to the image are fairly minimal -- installing some base
packages and our application -- nothing to do with any of the mounts, etc.

Is anyone else seeing similar issues?

regards,

chetan