[ubuntu-cloud] Hello & Novice Query

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Wed May 18 00:54:04 UTC 2011

Free tier is primarily about running a t1.micro instance.  The AMI you
run just has to be 10GB or less to be free, so modern, official Ubuntu
AMIs qualify.  Plus there are limits on snapshots network, etc.

  http://aws.amazon.com/free/

However, t1.micros only have 613 MB memory, so it might be tough to fit
some applications and databases.

However, as I pointed out in your thread on the ec2ubuntu Google group,
there are no longer any supported AMIs for Ubuntu 9.04 or 9.10 as those
releases have reached their end of life.

--
Eric Hammond