[ubuntu-cloud] Ubuntu EC2 EBS images

Ulrich Weber ulrich.weber at sophos.com
Tue Jul 12 14:15:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,

whats the build process of the Ubuntu EC2 EBS images? Are there
automated scripts or are they build manually?

I want to build my own EC2 EBS images. With Instance storage everything
works quite automated. But I'm struggling with the EBS ones.

To create an EBS AMI, I have to setup a Linux instance on each location,
create a EBS Volume, attach it and copy all files to the new EBS volume.
Is there any easier solution?

Cheers
 Ulrich

--
Ulrich Weber | ulrich.weber at sophos.com | Senior Software Engineer
Astaro - a Sophos company | Amalienbadstr 41 | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany