[ubuntu-cloud] failed to publish image

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 3 18:45:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011, Indra Suryatama wrote:

> Yes it is, a centos tarball..
> I tried many command to publish using uec-publish-tarball
> One of them Is uec-publish-tarball euca-centos-5.3-x86_64.tar.gz centose
> amd64

In order for uec-publish-tarball to work, the tarball must be of a certain
format.  Namely, it must
a.) have an image ending in ".img"
b.) have a kernel named with "vmlinuz" in its name, or passed in
    '--kernel'
c.) optionally have a ramdisk with "initrd" in its name

I have no idea what is in the tarball you're mentioning above, but it
might work as:

uec-publish-tarball --kernel none --ramdisk none
   euca-centos-5.3-x86_64.tar.gz

or, you might be able to use:

tar -Sxvzf euca-centos-5.3-x86_64.tar.gz
uec-publish-image euca-centos-5.3-x86_64.img

or something similar.