[ubuntu-cloud] Cloud debugging

Marius Seritan mseritan at decodeideas.com
Wed Feb 9 00:23:39 UTC 2011

Brian,

I handle the complexity of the cloud as the next level of complexity in the application. I do as much testing as I can at the unit level, then integration, then QA on staging. If the code makes it to production with a real bug all the bets are off. Generally what ever error is left gets reported by  CPU monitoring on each system (monit) and through centralized error reporting (hoptoad). Deploying in stages also helps to contain what ever problem appears.

As the code matures I add custom munin plugins to monitor specific processes and see trends.

Marius

--
Marius Seritan                        http://www.de-co-de.com
mseritan at de-co-de.com      (415) 409-9277