[ubuntu-cloud] High Availability and Hardware Failure

Mustafa Qasim alajal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:07:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Ahmed Kamal <kim0 at ubuntu.com> wrote:

>  On 08/09/2011 07:31 PM, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone refer to documents/articles on Machine Instance high
> availability and physical hardware failure (HDD or Complete Node etc) in
> Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud. Thanks
>
> --
> *Mustafa Qasim*
>
>  mustu at linux.com
>  http://blog.mustu.info
>
> <https://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/join/individual?lftrkr=MEMWIDGETb300x100_2010>
>

>  Hi Mustafa,
>
> Instance HA (as in protection against hardware failure) is not a feature of
> UEC, and more generally is not a feature of cloud computing. The correct way
> to think about this problem, is how to architect your software such that an
> instance failing becomes "not important", causes no data loss or service
> interruption
>
> Regards

Ahmed,

Thanks for your reply. It's my first attempt with private cloud. I've worked
with virtualization (ESXi & Oracle VM) and the disaster recover in case of
node failure is what I am trying to know in case of private cloud. I would
be grateful if you can brief about how to define disaster recovers practices
in a private cloud. I don't architect all the applications I do use so I am
looking for he disaster recovery practices in the cloud architecture.

thanks

--
*Mustafa Qasim*

mustu at linux.com