[ubuntu-cloud] New UEC user

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 11 13:54:00 UTC 2011

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, Trevor Sharpe wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am relatively new to Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud. I recently setup EUC for
> our QA department. It is working fine for our testing but on Friday, I
> was given a request to see if I could get the stock AMI images for
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit server to deploy with more than 2GB in the root
> partition.

If you got them from the image store, then you cannot resize them.  Sorry.

I would suggest reading
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/BundlingImages and understanding it.
It describes how to download the image tarball and use
'uec-publish-tarball' to publish and register it.

   The uec-publish-tarball command supports '--resize'.  So, to resize
before uploading, simply do:
   uec-publish-tarball --resize 10G $UEC_IMG.tar.gz $RELEASE-$TIMESTAMP

If you are unpacking the tarball and using some other tools
(uec-publish-image or euca-bundle-image/euca-upload-bundle/euca-register),
then you can simply use 'uec-resize-image' before the bundle process.