[ubuntu-cloud] Ensemble target list, call for action

John Pugh john.pugh at canonical.com
Fri Apr 8 15:12:42 UTC 2011

I can see this thread becoming quite unmanageable quick!

On 04/08/2011 09:03 AM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 01:46 PM, Nicolas Barcet wrote:
>> On 04/06/2011 03:15 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
>>> 1- *Suggest* more ways to search for interesting cloud services, or
>>> directly suggest new cloud services. Reply to this thread with additions
>>> (package name/suggested rating/any comments)
>
> Hey Nick, Thanks a lot for replying. I really appreciate feedback on
> that list. Keep em coming folks :)
>
>> I would change to High:
> I'll add my +1s and add those items to the sheet as high. For those with
> +0, I'll add as low, if anyone else wants them High, please reply +1'ing
> them
>> Landscape Client  - Canonical todo
>> unattended-upgrades
> +1
+1
>> munin
> +1
+1
>> moodle
> +0
>> ganglia
> +1
+1
>> slapd
> +0
>> bacula
> +0
>> postgresql
> +1
>> zookeeper
> +1
+1
>> rabbitmq
> +1 (already high)
+1
>> JOnAS
> +0
>> moinmoin
> +0
>> couchdb
> +1
+1

Additions
MongoDB
MySQL
DataStax (cassandra)
ehcache

What's missing is pieces/parts to complete a FULL stack of "something".
For instance, hadoop (cloudera?) + hive + ganglia + cassandra +??? to
make a full scalable mapreduce/big data stack, etc
or a basic scaleable lamp stack -> many apache nodes + mysql/postgresql
+ tomcat?