[ubuntu-cloud] Ensemble target list, call for action

Ahmed Kamal kim0 at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 6 13:15:42 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I've put together a list of "ensemble targets", that is servers we want
to see ensemble formulas written for. The should serve as a big todo
list for interested contributors. The current list has been collected by
- Services living under "main"
- rdepends on mysql-server, libapache2-mod-php5, libapache2-mod-wsgi,
memcached (Thanks Clint!)
and lives at
https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/canonical.com/ccc?key=0AuHv5EvqRGW-dEJfazYtRC1OTFdVOGVaUkpFY3RNaUE&hl=en&authkey=CNH0_7IB#gid=0
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/canonical.com/ccc?key=0AuHv5EvqRGW-dEJfazYtRC1OTFdVOGVaUkpFY3RNaUE&hl=en&authkey=CNH0_7IB#gid=0>
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/canonical.com/ccc?key=0AuHv5EvqRGW-dEJfazYtRC1OTFdVOGVaUkpFY3RNaUE&hl=en&authkey=CNH0_7IB>
Please *help make it better* by:

1- *Suggest* more ways to search for interesting cloud services, or
directly suggest new cloud services. Reply to this thread with additions
(package name/suggested rating/any comments)
2- *Review* the list ratings (High/Low/NA) and reply to this thread with
corrections (package name/suggested rating/any comments). Here's my
definition of High/Low/NA
   HIGH: Service is common and useful for many in the cloud, it would be
great to see ensemble formulas for it asap
   LOW : Service could be useful for some, would be great to see
formulas written for it in the future
   NA   : Not really a cloud service, or is very rarely needed

Thanks!