[ubuntu-cloud] Call for ideas for Ubuntu cloud / [UEC|EC2] images / cloud-init

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 28 21:55:17 BST 2010

Hello,
   Sorry for the cross-post/duplicate thread, but I'm interested in
getting input from as large of a community as possible, and I don't think
there is much overlap between the ec2ubuntu, ubuntu-cloud, and
ubuntu-devel lists.

   Allison Randal sent requests for ideas / brainstorming [1,2].
   I'd like to extend that thread here.  I am willing to pick up any
pieces and bring them back to the main thread.  There are also ideas being
dumped at [3].  The key point is that we want your input.

   If you've used Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud, or our UEC/EC2 Images, or
cloud-init, we want to hear your thoughts on what we can do better.  If
you're not using UEC or the UEC Images, why not?

What could Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud do that it doesn't do?
What could it do better?
What do our UEC/EC2 images do not-so-well?
What cool things could they do?
What pain points have you come across when using "Ubuntu in the Cloud"

   We want to make "Ubuntu in the Cloud" as famously simple as Ubuntu is
known to be elsewhere.

--
[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-September/031504.html
[2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-September/031509.html