[ubuntu-cloud] Can "Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud" be installed and tested in Oracle Virtual Box?

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 03:40:06 BST 2010

----- Original Message ----
From: Ahmed Kamal <ahmed.kamal at canonical.com>
To: ubuntu-cloud at lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Sat, October 23, 2010 1:35:21 AM
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-cloud] Can "Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud" be installed and
tested in Oracle Virtual Box?

> Ahmed pinged me and asked for an update to 10.10.
>
> I put together
>http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~smoser/%2Bjunk/uec-on-ec2/annotate/head%3A/maverick-commands.txt

And if you'd like a step by step tutorial
http://foss-boss.blogspot.com/2010/10/cloud-on-cloud-uec-on-ec2.html

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your tutorial.

I have no problem creating a cluster, the front end, on a VM of Oracle VBox.  It
is running.  I can browse it on another VM with ;

https://<cloud-controller-ip-address>:8443/

and login.

The screen is similar to that on your tutorial under;
Let's navigate to the Images tab, to get the EMI ID (Equivalent of an AMI ID)

But there is nothing on "Images" tab.

However I can't install node on VM.  It needs bare metal.

Also how can I create "The Enterprise Cloud" as displayed on following YouTube
video;
The Enterprise Cloud: How to Build a Server Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6lvKnbws78&feature=related

B.R.
Stephen L