[ubuntu-cloud] Can "Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud" be installed and tested in Oracle Virtual Box?

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 22 16:42:43 BST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Can I install "Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud" on Oracle Virtual Box as VMs (front end
> and node) and test them there ?

Its different but similar, again only really useful for testing.

In the Lucid time frame, I put together

that demonstrates how to set up a single EC2 instance to be CC, CLC, NC.

Ahmed pinged me and asked for an update to 10.10.

I put together

which can be run as user data.  You launch an instance with that user
data, sit back, wait a bit, and then use 'euca-run-instances'...

Extremely nice for quick test of something, not so extremely nice for
performance :)