[ubuntu-cloud] Connecting to Instance

Indra Suryatama indra_suryatama at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 03:03:38 GMT 2010

Hey everyone,

I have successfully setup my front end(CC,CLC,Walrus, and S3) also my Node

And I have download image ubuntu 10.04 from image store,

When I run my instances , for a short time it will be on pending state.
after I wait for sometime

It goes to running state.

So I think I can run my instances correctly

The main problem is how to connect to the instance that already running on
my system

I have create an keypair named mykey.priv

After that I try to connect with write down following command:

Ssh -i mykey.private root at

I got this following error:

Permissions 0644 for 'mykey.priv' are too open

It is recommended that your private key is not accessible by others

The private key will be ignored

Bad permissions: ignore key:mykey.private

Permission denied(public key)

What should I do? Thanks before

    Best Regards

Indra Suryatama