[ubuntu-cloud] Can't create Volumes with Walrus 2.0.0

Guillermo Javier Nardoni [Grupo GERYON] guillermo at geryon.com.ar
Thu Nov 4 08:04:40 GMT 2010

Hi everyone!.-
This is my first time writing on the list and I have a situation!:D

I've installed Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) with eucalyptus 2.0.0. I configured
and I can launch instances of my vm machines!
When I want to create a new volume, no matter what size it is, I just
can't.-
The cloud-error.log says what I pasted below.-

Can you help me?
Do you need more information?

By the Way, with ubuntu 9.10, works very good!

Thanks!
Guillermo

*****LOG*****

04:59:29 ERROR [ReplyQueue:Volume.7] org.mule.api.service.ServiceException:
Component that caused exception is: Volume. Message payload is of type:
CreateVolumeType
org.mule.api.service.ServiceException: Component that caused exception is:
Volume. Message payload is of type: CreateVolumeType
        at
org.mule.component.DefaultLifecycleAdapter.intercept(DefaultLifecycleAdapter
.java:214)
        at
org.mule.component.AbstractJavaComponent.invokeComponentInstance(AbstractJav
aComponent.java:82)
        at
org.mule.component.AbstractJavaComponent.doOnCall(AbstractJavaComponent.java
:73)
        at
org.mule.component.AbstractComponent.onCall(AbstractComponent.java:87)
        at
org.mule.model.seda.SedaService$ComponentStageWorker.run(SedaService.java:53
3)
        at org.mule.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:310)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1061)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Caused by: com.eucalyptus.util.EucalyptusCloudException: Storage services
are not available for the requested availability zone.
        at
com.eucalyptus.blockstorage.VolumeManager.CreateVolume(VolumeManager.java:13
0)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57
)
        at
.java:43)
        at
org.mule.model.resolvers.AbstractEntryPointResolver.invokeMethod(AbstractEnt
ryPointResolver.java:147)
        at
org.mule.model.resolvers.ReflectionEntryPointResolver.invoke(ReflectionEntry
PointResolver.java:127)
        at
org.mule.model.resolvers.DefaultEntryPointResolverSet.invoke(DefaultEntryPoi
ntResolverSet.java:50)
        at
org.mule.component.DefaultLifecycleAdapter.intercept(DefaultLifecycleAdapter
.java:202)
        ... 8 more
Caused by: com.eucalyptus.config.NoSuchComponentException:
StorageControllerConfiguration named rosarioIP-cloud
        at
com.eucalyptus.config.Configuration.getStorageControllerConfiguration(Config
uration.java:206)
        at
com.eucalyptus.blockstorage.VolumeManager.CreateVolume(VolumeManager.java:12
8)
        ... 16 more