[ubuntu-cloud] [ubuntu-ec2] Re: [ec2] RFQ: Mailing lists proposal

Eric Hammond esh at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 26 00:44:58 GMT 2010

Simon de Boer wrote:
> can't imagine there would be issues/information on one the other
> wouldn't be interested in.

Well, some of us (me for example) are extremely interested in running
Ubuntu on EC2 and entirely uninterested in running Eucalyptus/UEC on
Ubuntu.  I am not interested in managing hardware any more now that I
can pay somebody else to do it so efficiently and with such elasticity.

However, since:

1. messages tend to get duplicated across ubuntu-ec2 and ubuntu-cloud,
2. traffic to both of these lists is generally low (excepting this Q),
3. there is a separate ec2ubuntu community group[1] related to running
   Ubuntu on EC2 with 10x the posts,

I vote:

+1 for folding the ubuntu-ec2 mailing list into ubuntu-cloud

Also:

-1 for automatically duplicating cloud.ubuntu.com content across the
mailing list, though folks should be welcome to send a pointer to an
occasional relevant post if they think it could spark some discussion.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/ec2ubuntu/

--
Eric Hammond