[ubuntu-cloud] [ec2ubuntu] Re: Call for testing: Lucid EBS Root Images

Christopher Meiklejohn cmeik at me.com
Sat Mar 6 17:39:32 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:37:39PM -0500, Scott Moser wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Scott Moser wrote:
>
> > us-east-1 i386  ami-8bec03e2
> > us-east-1 amd64 ami-99ec03f0
> > eu-west-1 i386  ami-85b49ff1
> > eu-west-1 amd64 ami-87b49ff3
> > us-west-1 i386  ami-0971204c
> > us-west-1 amd64 ami-15712050
> >
> >    Thanks in advance for any testing you can offer.  I've not done much
> > more than sniff initial boot, and rely on [4] for the general procedure.
>
> In haste, I failed to add "launch" access to all.  Thats been fixed, sorry
> for any inconvenience.

Hey Scott,

I've been playing around with these images this morning, and it seems like user-data is being run at bootup, but I can't seem to figure out how this is being done.

There doesn't seem to be any of the usual tools like the karmic images have -- ec2-run-user-data, etc.

I'm going to keep digging, but maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Nice work!

- Chris

--
Christopher Meiklejohn (cmeik at me.com)