[ubuntu-cloud] [ec2ubuntu] Call for testing: Lucid EBS Root Images

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Fri Mar 5 21:32:01 GMT 2010

Hey Scott,

>  I've been working on creating EBS root images on ec2 [1].  These are
> being populated with an identical filesystem to our existing UEC images.
> The tools [2] copy the published filesystem images from [3] to a EBS
> volume, snapshot that,  and then register it.

Sweet!  Looking forward to playing with it.

>   I'd love for anyone to give these images a whirl and see what falls on
> the floor.  Without further ado, the following are registered using the
> latest daily lucid build (20100305):
>
> us-east-1 i386  ami-8bec03e2

Apparently I'm unable to access these images, though:

[niemeyer at burma ..2-api-tools/bin]% ./ec2-describe-images ami-8bec03e2
[niemeyer at burma ..2-api-tools/bin]% ./ec2-run-instances ami-8bec03e2
Client.AuthFailure: Not authorized for images: [ami-8bec03e2]

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net