[ubuntu-cloud] /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg user configuration

Eric Hammond esh at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 9 21:35:12 BST 2010

Abel:

Though Alestic.com (me) did publish Ubuntu 8.04 AMIs, I did not publish
the Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid AMIs.  These are provided by Canonical and I
recommend their use.

If you're building your own private AMI, you are free to hardcode
~/.ssh/authorized_keys for various users so that you can ssh in with
your own keys.  You aren't required to use EC2's key setup, though it
can be handy if you want different instances to be accessible using
different keys.

If you require the dynamic installation of keys and cloud-init does not
support multiple users, you could create a startup job that copies the
keys from one account to another or downloads them from EC2's instance
meta-data (just like cloud-init does).

--
Eric Hammond