[ubuntu-cloud] /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg user configuration

Abel Ureta-Vidal abel at eaglegenomics.com
Fri Jul 9 13:45:54 BST 2010

I'm moving from Ubuntu 8.04 LTS to 10.04 LTS. I'm using the
alestic.com 32bits image.
I discovered the new cloud-init package. It is really great to help
configure our in house
image. Great work!

Now I'm upgrading our image. We have set up a specific user i.e.
'ensembl' that we use to
ssh in, so I wanted this user to get the EC2 credentials by updating
its ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.

I found that by changing in /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg

user: ubuntu

user: ensembl

it makes the trick, but I'd like to keep the ability to ssh as ubuntu
user. I tried different syntax to include
both users

  - ensembl
  - ubuntu

user: ubuntu,ensembl

but neither worked. Is it even possible to configure multiple user
access directly in /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg?

Thanks for any hint you can provide.

Abel Ureta-Vidal, PhD MBA
Managing Director, Eagle Genomics Ltd
M: +44 7792 318503 | E: abel at eaglegenomics.com