[ubuntu-cloud] RFC: Amazon Web Services client libraries

Neil Soman neil at eucalyptus.com
Wed Jan 20 20:48:38 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at canonical.com
> wrote:

> Mathias Gug wrote:
> > Sure! Are you thinking about the ec2-{ami,api}-tools and euca2ools (both
> of
> > which are already in the archive)? Or do you know of other projects?
>
> s3cmd is another useful CLI tool that would need to be tested with UEC.
>  I tried it in the jaunty timeframe, and it would not work with EUC.
> Have not played with it since then.

I use s3cmd almost every day for testing. The issue is that it needs to be
patched and we have only produced the patch against version 0.9.8.3 (which
is older than the latest upstream). It needs some work to make the patch
general enough to work with UEC/Eucalyptus as well as Amazon S3 as well as
forward port the patch to the latest version. I'm not sure what the s3cmd
author thinks about this.

neil