[ubuntu-cloud] OpenSTack @ Ubuntu Cloud

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 26 12:43:08 BST 2010

On 26-08-2010 07:05, Jim Wyatt wrote:
> OpenStack is a science project for Rackspace.

A "science project"?

> I expect it to meet its goal of fragmenting the market and stalling
> progress while commercial interests get their fill. When will we
> learn...

I'm at a complete loss as to how you interpet open sourcing Rackspace
Cloud Files and developing the next generation of Rackspace Cloud
Servers as free software as a move to /fragment/ the market? The whole
point is to create a platform that can be adopted by as many as
possible, /especially/ other service providers, so that everyone can
consolidate on not only API's, but also functionality and implementation.

Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer